POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Feature requests : Re: Feature requests Server Time
2 Sep 2024 04:15:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature requests
From: Philippe Debar
Date: 11 Oct 2000 14:54:10
Message: <39e4b752@news.povray.org>
"Nathan Kopp" <Nat### [at] Koppcom> wrote in message
> I think Philippe's original intent was to be able to change the size of
the
> turbulence (warp in the general sense) directly.  So, if you wanted
> turbulence on twice the scale, you would normally have to scale the
texture
> by 1/2, apply the turbulence, and then scale the texture back to its
> original size.  The thought is that it would be nicer if we could just
apply
> the "scale 2" to the turbulence when we want it to be applied in this way.

Exactly.

What I originally had in mind when I thought about this syntax was something
like :

[in a media block...]
warp
  {
  turbulence .75+.1*sin(5*clock)
  scale .9+.2*sin(7*clock+3)
  translate <.1*cos(11*clock+5), clock, .1*sin(13*clock+7)>
  }
warp
  {
  turbulence .75+.1*sin(13*clock+5)
  scale .75+.15*sin(17*clock+7)
  translate <.1*cos(5*clock+11), -clock, .1*sin(7*clock+13)>
  }
[...]